Book Launch: Divorcing a narcissistic partner.
Published: 19th January 2021
Advice for spouses and family lawyers as two new books co-authored by Karin Walker shine a light on a growing problem in divorce cases.
The books are released for sale on 5 February with pre-orders being taken now.
Separating or divorcing a narcissist or someone who has narcissistic traits can be a difficult, draining experience.
Together with Dr Supriya McKenna, (a GP turned specialist coach and mentor who focuses on supporting people separating from a narcissist), Karin Walker has co-authored two books on the subject of separating from a Narsissistic partner:
- Narcissism and Family Law: A Practitioner's Guide
- Divorcing a Narcissist: The lure, the loss and the law
The launch date for the books is Friday 5 February and online pre-orders can be placed now
Alongside both volumes is a recorded webinar featuring the authors. The webinar content provides practical training and insight on an increasingly widespread problem for family lawyers – how to manage a narsaccistic partner in divorce proceedings.
About the books
Narcissism & Family Law: A Practitioner’s Guide will help you spot when you are dealing with a narcissist, whether they are your client or on the other side, and sets out innumerable practical insights and tips for how you can moderate the effects of their behaviour. Divorce cases involving narcissists can often get messy, combative and costly so the advice set out in these pages could save you and your client days of angst and unrewarding effort.
Drawing on the combined expertise and experience of Dr Supriya McKenna, a GP turned specialist coach and mentor and who focuses on supporting people separating from a narcissist, and Karin Walker, one of the country's leading family law practitioners, it is essential reading for all family lawyers, mediators and other advisers on the front line of practice.
This book is written for the spouse of such a personality, to support them step by step through the legal process, as well as through the difficult emotional journey that they'll be undertaking. It will help you recognise narcissistic behaviour, prime you on what challenges lie ahead and provide practical insights on how to survive the process.
It will also help you work with your lawyer so you can both understand the potential pitfalls that could frustrate attempts to finalise your separation.
- PODCAST: Introducing Narcissism in Divorce
- Book Launch: Divorcing a narcissistic partner.
- Christmas and New Year Office Opening
- Webinar and Book Launch: Narcissistic Clients: Tips, trips & strategies for the family lawyer
- An opportunity to get your place at our webinar for free
- New Book: A Practical Guide to Divorce for the Silver Separators
- Karin Walker quoted in national newspaper
- Coronavirus Business Continuity Notice
- KGW Family Law celebrates its 8th birthday
- KGW Family Law to present Silver Separators Seminars in 2020
- KGW Law supports initiative to encourage young women artists
- Simon Clark successfully completes Arbitration qualification
- Karin Walker invited to present at prestigious legal conference
- KGW Family Law sponsors Society of Women Artist's Young Artist Award
- Karin Walker named leading lawyer by Chambers UK
- Divorce doesn't have to be devastating. A short film by Resolution.
- Resolution podcast. Karin Walker and Susan Kingston (Withers) talk about methods of Family Dispute Resolution.
- KGW Law shortlisted for prestigious legal award
- KGW Divorce Online
- Karin Walker becomes a member of the Worshipful Company of Arbitrators
- Guildford Shakespeare Company 10th Birthday
- Planning your wedding
- Christmas is a time for families - or is it?
- coming soon