Karin Walker invited to present at prestigious legal conference
Published: 27th November 2018
On Saturday 24th November the Annual Bar and Young Bar Conference 2018 took place at the De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms London WC2B 5DA. The conference tile was 'All Bar None: Access, Development and Diversification'. Speakers included Andrew Walker QC, Chair of the Bar of England and Wales; The Rt Hon Geoffrey Cox QC MP, Attorney General; The Rt Hon Lord Sumption OBE, Justice of the Supreme Court; The Rt Hon David Gauke MP, Lord Chancellor and Baroness Chakrabarti CBE, PC, Shadow Attorney General.
Karin Walker of KGW family Law was invited by the Bar Council ADR committee to co-present a workshop entitled 'Alternative roads to solutions: Pros and cons of civil and family models of ADR' alongside Anthony Kirk QC, Colin Manning and Spenser Hilliard, moderated by Rhys Taylor. Rhys commented that as the only solicitor on the panel, Karin was the only speaker who 'kept to time' with her presentation!
In particular Karin spoke about Hybrid Mediation, a relatively new way of working with separating couples who may not feel comfortable sitting in the same room together and who may want their solicitors present with them during the process. Hybrid Mediation is seen as a very beneficial method of resolution for those couples who may be in high conflict and might otherwise find themselves in the court process.
KGW Family Law is committed as a practice to looking at innovative means by which even the most acrimonious of cases can be resolved in a sensible and cost effective way without recourse to a court system which is regrettably riddled with delay and inefficiency due to the lack of Government funding.
- Coronavirus Business Continuity Notice
- KGW Family Law celebrates its 8th birthday
- KGW Family Law to present Silver Separators Seminars in 2020
- KGW Law supports initiative to encourage young women artists
- Simon Clark successfully completes Arbitration qualification
- Karin Walker invited to present at prestigious legal conference
- KGW Family Law sponsors Society of Women Artist's Young Artist Award
- Karin Walker named leading lawyer by Chambers UK
- Divorce doesn't have to be devastating. A short film by Resolution.
- Resolution podcast. Karin Walker and Susan Kingston (Withers) talk about methods of Family Dispute Resolution.
- KGW Law shortlisted for prestigious legal award
- KGW Divorce Online
- Karin Walker becomes a member of the Worshipful Company of Arbitrators
- Guildford Shakespeare Company 10th Birthday
- KGW lawyers spread their wings
- Planning your wedding
- Christmas is a time for families - or is it?
- coming soon