KGW lawyers spread their wings
Published: 29th May 2014
Karin Walker of KGW Family Law was elected to the National Committee of Resolution, the pioneering association of family law practitioners, at the organisation's National Conference in Manchester in April 2014. Karin is looking forward to assisting Resolution's continuing aim to promote co-operation on relationship breakdown and ensure people across the country in need of assistance have access to the best services suited to their circumstances.
Matthew Gosnell and Joanna Stiff completed their mediation training with Resolution in September 2013 and are now, along with Karin Walker, able to accept instructions to act as mediators for couples with issues in respect of money and/or children. With the radically changing landscape of family law, mediation is at the forefront of the drive to keep the decision making power with the individuals involved and encourage them away from costly and time consuming processes, such as litigation.
Prior to the issue of court proceedings, it is a requirement to, at the very least, consider the alternative option of mediation through a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM) which Karin Walker is qualified to provide. KGW Family Law are confident that in many situations the opportunity to have access to this information, where formerly this may not have been the case, will highlight the merits of the process and encourage clients to attempt conciliatory resolution of their disputes.
- Simon Clark successfully completes Arbitration qualification
- Karin Walker invited to present at prestigious legal conference
- KGW Family Law sponsors Society of Women Artist's Young Artist Award
- Karin Walker named leading lawyer by Chambers UK
- Divorce doesn't have to be devastating. A short film by Resolution.
- Resolution podcast. Karin Walker and Susan Kingston (Withers) talk about methods of Family Dispute Resolution.
- KGW Law shortlisted for prestigious legal award
- KGW Divorce Online
- Karin Walker becomes a member of the Worshipful Company of Arbitrators
- Guildford Shakespeare Company 10th Birthday
- KGW lawyers spread their wings
- Planning your wedding
- Christmas is a time for families - or is it?
- coming soon