New Book: A Practical Guide to Divorce for the Silver Separators
Published: 13th October 2020
Karin Walker has written a book about practical divorce guidance for people in later life, known as silver separators.
With young adults preferring co-habitation over marriage, divorce rates are lower than they were and the highest rates of divorce now occurs amongst the over 60s.
When couples separate after many years of being together, a sound knowledge of family law alone is not enough to adequately serve a client. There are additional layers of complexity, financial and emotional, with many years of being a team needing to be unpicked as people go in different directions.
Karin says: "It was always my intention that the book can be used either as a quick reference tool or a 'cover to cover' read. The important thing is to equip the reader to tailor their service to the very specific needs of the over 60s age group."
The book is released next month (November 2020) and will be beneficial to any professional who is engaged to advise on 'silver separator' divorce matters.
The book is published by Law Brief publishing, further details from the publisher's website.
- PODCAST: Introducing Narcissism in Divorce
- Book Launch: Divorcing a narcissistic partner.
- Christmas and New Year Office Opening
- Webinar and Book Launch: Narcissistic Clients: Tips, trips & strategies for the family lawyer
- An opportunity to get your place at our webinar for free
- New Book: A Practical Guide to Divorce for the Silver Separators
- Karin Walker quoted in national newspaper
- Coronavirus Business Continuity Notice
- KGW Family Law celebrates its 8th birthday
- KGW Family Law to present Silver Separators Seminars in 2020
- KGW Law supports initiative to encourage young women artists
- Simon Clark successfully completes Arbitration qualification
- Karin Walker invited to present at prestigious legal conference
- KGW Family Law sponsors Society of Women Artist's Young Artist Award
- Karin Walker named leading lawyer by Chambers UK
- Divorce doesn't have to be devastating. A short film by Resolution.
- Resolution podcast. Karin Walker and Susan Kingston (Withers) talk about methods of Family Dispute Resolution.
- KGW Law shortlisted for prestigious legal award
- KGW Divorce Online
- Karin Walker becomes a member of the Worshipful Company of Arbitrators
- Guildford Shakespeare Company 10th Birthday
- Planning your wedding
- Christmas is a time for families - or is it?
- coming soon