KGW Family Law to present Silver Separators Seminars in 2020
Published: 13th November 2019
Karin Walker will be presenting five seminars in 2020 about divorce and separation issues amongst the over 50s, a group known as silver separators.
The events, organised by MBL (Seminars) Ltd. will take place in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol and Leeds between March and July. Click here for dates and booking details.
Karin said about the seminars next year: "I'm looking forward to sharing knowledge and encouraging debate at these events. The issues involved when couples divorce who have been together a long time are more complex compared to those who split at a younger age. For lawyers handling such divorces, they usually work more closely with other professionals as there is a need to separate finances and value assets that have been built up together over many years".
The courses will be interactive and aim to build on a lawyer's assumed working knowledge of advising this age group. Skills will be developed to a more advanced level, so attendees will become better practitioners in future cases. Each half day course will cover:
- How to protect yourself from a potential negligence claim when dealing with pensions
- How to unravel inherited wealth
- Income issues post-retirement
- How to handle the emotional fall out from a long marriage
- The impact of any new partner on the divorce process
For booking details, availabilty and pricing visit the MBL website.
- Coronavirus Business Continuity Notice
- KGW Family Law celebrates its 8th birthday
- KGW Family Law to present Silver Separators Seminars in 2020
- KGW Law supports initiative to encourage young women artists
- Simon Clark successfully completes Arbitration qualification
- Karin Walker invited to present at prestigious legal conference
- KGW Family Law sponsors Society of Women Artist's Young Artist Award
- Karin Walker named leading lawyer by Chambers UK
- Divorce doesn't have to be devastating. A short film by Resolution.
- Resolution podcast. Karin Walker and Susan Kingston (Withers) talk about methods of Family Dispute Resolution.
- KGW Law shortlisted for prestigious legal award
- KGW Divorce Online
- Karin Walker becomes a member of the Worshipful Company of Arbitrators
- Guildford Shakespeare Company 10th Birthday
- KGW lawyers spread their wings
- Planning your wedding
- Christmas is a time for families - or is it?
- coming soon